Friday, November 19, 2010

What's Going On Up in There?

It's so mysterious, this female reproductive system of mine. As prescribed, D and I made love this morning and I stayed still for 30 minutes after as I imagined the journey of the millions of little spermatazoa, excited by their sense of the egg(s)--their destination. All day long, I've been walking around thinking: Did they make it? Did more than one make it to more than one egg? If three made it, will all three attach to the lining of the uterus? What's going on in there? I want to go to a lab, hop on a table, and have them look inside and show me what's happening. It's hard to believe that such life-altering, momentus things might be happening (or not) inside my body while I walk through the mundanities of my life--doing dishes, feeding the cats, sitting in meetings . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment