Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Processing my Blood

So now I wait. I went to the doctor's this morning for a blood test, and the phlegbotomist asked if I had done a home pregnancy test. I haven't. The blood test is the most accurate at this stage, so I don't want to get my hopes up with a false positive, or my hopes dashed with a false negative. I'd rather be on pins and needles until 2 pm when I am supposed to get a call from the doctor's office. Somehow I thought the news would be immediate; apparently they have to process my blood. When I called D from the lobby to tell him we'd get the news at 2 pm, he sounded terrified when he answered the phone. This is another one of those moments where I feel like I'm standing on a giant precipice waiting for the world to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment