Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hundreds of Women Crying

I cry alot. I cry at dog food commercials, I really do. I wear my heart on my sleeve. What I don't understand is why you don't see more people crying on the subway. I come into contact with thousands of people a day in my travels through this big city, and I wonder about the folks around me: didn't anyone get dumped today? didn't anyone lose a friend? didn't any of these women just find out that they weren't pregnant? I mean, there must be thousands of women in NYC trying to get pregnant. Odds are I'm riding the train with some that aren't finding success; I mean, jeez, it seems like I run into a pregnant woman every 30 seconds these days. So why aren't more women crying? Or are people generally better able to keep it together in public places than I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment